Sony has launched it’s On-The-Go drive in India. Earlier Sony had introduced USM-CA1 Series with USB Type-C and Type-A connector. The new USB Type-C reversible drive allows to connect it to smartphone, laptop, tablets and more. Sony Dual USB drive supports USB 3.1 Gen1, which allows for data transfer speeds (read) of upto 130MB/s. It has slim and compact body and metal exterior and also looks very stylish and handy as well.
Sony Dual USB Drive is also compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, OS X 10.8 or later, Android OS 5.x or later.
Sandisk on the other hand has all ready launched it’s OTG drive with USB Type-C and Type-A connector, but the Sandisk’s flash drive is much bigger in terms of size and Sandisk is only offering the 32GB capacity whereas Sony has a bunch of capacities to offer(16GB, 32GB and 64GB).
Some Key Points about Sony Dual USB Drive
- Compatible with both USB Type-C and Type-A connectors
- Easily share files between PCs, smartphones and tablets
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 connection with up to 130 MB/s transfer speed
- Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities
- Slim and stylish metal body, with silicone cover included
- Weighs: 5g (main body only, without supplied Silicone Cover)
The Sony USB Type-C and Type-A dual connection drive comes in white colors, is priced at Rs. 1,999 (MRP), Rs. 4,099 (MRP) and Rs. 7,099 (MRP) for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants, respectively and will be available across Sony centers.