Samsung has announced its first wireless bluetooth earbuds, called the Samsung Gear IconX. The earbuds is more than a device for listening music that is, it also works as a fitness tracker. These pair of earbuds are priced at $199 (Rs 13,300 approximately). Right now, there is no confirmation on the availability of the IconX.
Samsung Gear IconX are truly wireless that means they have no wires to connect to a smartphone or each other as well. They connect to a smartphone using Bluetooth 4.1, and also feature 4GB built-in storage that can store up to 1,000 songs. The 47mAh battery underneath is said to be good enough to last up to three hours on a single charge.
Besides the standalone music player, these earbuds are also fitness trackers with sensors onboard including an accelerometer and heart-rate monitor. They can track heart rate, distance, speed, duration and calories burned and provide data through the voice guide, even without a smartphone and then sync the data to Samsung’s S Health app when connected to a smartphone.
Key Points about Samsung Gear IconX
- Splash resistant (P2i Nano Coating)
- Standalone music player (4GB storage / up to 1,000 songs), Voice guide (available in 15 languages)
- Bluetooth v4.1
- Compatible with phones running Android 4.4 or later with 1.5GB RAM or more
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Heart Rate Monitor, Capacitive Touch
- Battery: 47mAh (Earbuds) / 315mAh (Charging Case)