After a long wait, Qualcomm has officially launched the Snapdragon 835 which is a processor used in flagship smartphones of other brands. This processor is built on the 10nm FinFeet process node, giving great performance and superior power efficiency.
This chipset is capable of entertainment experiences, connected cloud services, and enterprise devices, including smartphones, VR/AR head-mounted displays, IP cameras, tablets, mobile PCs and other devices running a variety of OS’s including Android and Windows 10 with support for legacy Win32 apps.
The Snapdragon 835 features:
- Kryo 280 CPU with four performance cores running at up to 2.45 GHz and four efficiency cores running up to 1.9GHz.
- an integrated Snapdragon X16 LTE modem with support for Category 16 LTE download speeds up to one gigabit-per-second, and Category 13 LTE upload speeds up to 150 megabits-per-second.
- integrated 2×2 11ac MU-MIMO with up to 50 percent reduction in size and up to 60 percent reduction in Wi-Fi power consumption, compared to the Snapdragon 820.
- 802.11ad Multi-gigabit Wi-Fi, offering up to 4.6 gigabits-per-second peak speed.
- the world’s first certified Bluetooth 5 commercial technology offering up to two-megabits-per-second speed and a suite of features that enable many new use cases (Bluetooth, FM radio, Wi-Fi, and RF offered through companion WCN3990 solution).
- Adreno 540 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, full OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan and DX12.
- Hexagon 682 DSP with HVX.
- Qualcomm All-Ways Aware™ technology with support for the Google Awareness API.
- dual-channel LP DDR4x memory at 1866MHz.
- Qualcomm Location with support for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, and QZSS systems, which in combination with LTE/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity to provide “always-on” location and context awareness;
- up to 32 MP single and 16 MP dual camera with Qualcomm Spectra 180 ISP, 2x ISP, 14-bit, hybrid autofocus (laser/contrast/structured light/dual-phase detection AF), Qualcomm® Clear Sight™, optical zoom, hardware accelerated face detection and HDR video recording.
- 4K Ultra HD video capture @ 30 fps, up to 4K Ultra HD video playback @ 60 fps, support for H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC).
- maximum On-Device and External Display Support including Ultra HD Premium™ ready, 4K @60fps, wide color gamut support, 10-bit color depth.
- Quick Charge 4 technology.
- the Snapdragon security platform including the Qualcomm® SecureMSM™ hardware and software and the Qualcomm Haven security suite.
- Qualcomm Aqstic™ WCD9341 audio codec combined with Snapdragon 835 supports an audiophile grade DAC with 32-bit/384kHz support with an SNR at 115dB and ultra-low -105dB THD+N and native DSD hi-fi audio playback. Additionally, the Snapdragon 835 supports Qualcomm® aptX™ and aptX HD Bluetooth audio with 2x improved power for wireless connectivity.
- and manufactured on 10nm FinFET technology.