Google Play is celebrating its 5th birthday today! On March 6, 2012, Google had launched Google Play Services. Google also share a list of apps, games, movies, TV shows, music, and books which were downloaded from the Google Play Store the maximum number of times.
Disclaimer: The list doesn't include the number of pre-installed apps.
In five years, Google has more than 1 billion active users in 190 countries. And with millions of apps, 40 million songs, 5 million books, and more movies than ever, there’s so much to explore. Google Play has also become an important distribution platform for developers to build their global audience.
Whether you have a phone, tablet, Chromebook or Watch, your device can become anything and take you anywhere, with a world of things to watch, read, play and do. Google Play brings your devices to life by delivering great content to people all around the world. In fact, the Google Play Store and Android apps are now available on in more places than ever before including Chromebooks, Android Wear devices and Daydream, Google’s Virtual Reality platform. And this is just the beginning.
GOOGLE PLAY – TOP 5 U.S. LISTS
TOP INSTALLED GAMES
TOP INSTALLED APPS*
- Facebook Messenger
- Pandora Radio
*Download only. Does not include pre-installed apps on Android devices.
TOP SELLING SONGS
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
- Lorde – Royals
- Taylor Swift – Blank Space
- Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
TOP SELLING ALBUMS
- Adele – 25
- Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP2 (Deluxe)
- Taylor Swift – 1989
- Drake – If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late
- Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp A Butterfly
TOP SELLING MOVIES
TOP SELLING BOOKS
- Fifty Shades of Grey, by E L James
- The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
- A Game of Thrones, by George RR Martin
- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
- Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn